Core Lesson Plan Development Course
This course assists core coordinators and instructors with developing lesson plans that promote the learning process and active learning. During this six-hour course, instructors will describe various instructional system design models, explain the difference between a course outline and a lesson plan, discuss the various methodologies that may be chosen to deliver course material, list the steps involved in writing a lesson plan, and guide students in the development of a lesson plan.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will have the knowledge and skills to:
• Explain the instructional system design process called the ADDIE model.
• Explain the differences between an outline and a lesson plan.
• Given a performance objective, choose at least three different methodologies
to use in a lesson plan.
• Given a performance objective, explain and utilize the 4 Cs model of instructional
For further information regarding this course, please contact your STC Core Field Representative:
John Prince (southern region) - (916) 322-1145 or John.Prince@bscc.ca.gov,
Mary Wakefield (central region) - (916) 324-9423 or Mary.Wakefield@bscc.ca.gov, or
Laurel Alvarez-DaGrace (northern region and private providers) - (916) 445-4330 or Laurel.Alvarez-DaGrace@bscc.ca.gov.
STC Quick Links
- Find STC Programs and Services
- STC Forms, Manuals & Resources
- Become a New STC Provider
- STC Learning Portal
- Learning Portal Reference Guide
- ATP (Annual Training Plan)
- Manager Core Options and Registration
- Compliance Monitoring
- STC Field Representative Assignments
- Officer Wellness and Mental Health Grant Program
- Use of Force and De-escalation Training Pilot Program
- Provide Feedback on STC Certified Courses