Divisions & Committees
BSCC provides service to the local corrections systems through inspections of local detention facilities, assistance in training of local corrections personnel, funding opportunities through grants programming, and facilitating detention facility construction and funding.
- We collaborate with local law enforcement agencies to maintain and enhance the safety and security of local adult and juvenile detention facilities by the administration of construction financing for such facilities.
- We promote effective criminal and juvenile justice programming by facilitating grant compliance to help our state and local partners achieve desired outcomes.
- We collaborate with local law enforcement agencies to maintain and enhance the safety and security of local adult and juvenile detention facilities.
- We work in collaboration with local corrections systems to improve the professional competence of local corrections staff in California.
- Pursuant to the federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (JJDP) Act, each state must establish a State Advisory Group (SAG) on Juvenile Justice to receive Title II Formula Block Grant funds.
- The Juvenile Justice Standing Committee was formed to assist in fulfilling the statutory requirements in relation to a wide range of juvenile justice issues that fall within the purview of the BSCC.
- Pursuant to Assembly Bill 1468 (Ch. 26, Stats. 2014), the Juvenile Justice Data Working Group was formed for the purpose of developing and recommending options for the coordination and modernization of juvenile justice data systems and reports that are developed and maintained by state and county agencies.