The JPCF Program replaces the Comprehensive Youth Services Act, which provided federal dollars to county probation departments, beginning in 1997-99, through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. Counties used these federal dollars to fund services and programs across the continuum of options, from prevention/early intervention through custody.
All funds allocated to counties through the JPCF Program are intended to support the delivery of services authorized by the enabling legislation; there are 23 categories of services eligible for expenditures (Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 18221). The juvenile probation portion of this program is administered by the State Controller’s Office (SCO) while the camp funding portion of this program is administered by the Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC).
Camp Specific Funding Information by Fiscal Year (FY)
With the movement of funding in FY2012-13 to the Enhancing Law Enforcement Activities Subaccount (ELEAS) Local Revenue Fund, payments will be processed by the SCO via electronic funds transfer (EFT). In addition to the allotment spreadsheets found at the Camp Funding Disbursement link below, you can view allocation/remittance details on SCO’s website at: http://www.sco.ca.gov/ard_payments_juvenileprobationcampfunding.html opens in a new window.
Beginning in FY2015-16, JPCF Camp Eligibility Forms will be required annually; payments will continue to be made on a monthly basis via EFT by the SCO.
- FY2020-21 Cover Letter - PDF
- FY2020-21 Allocation Letter from the Department of Finance - PDF
- SAMPLE JPCF Camp Eligibility Form FY2020-21 (for county-specific form, contact the FSO Analyst) - PDF
- SAMPLE Monthly Camp Population Report (for county-specific form, contact the FSO Analyst) - PDF
- Camp Funding Disbursement View Link
For additional information on the camp funding portion of the JPCF Program, please contact the FSO Analyst at (916) 323-9704, Camp@bscc.ca.gov.
FSO Quick Links
- Home opens in a new window
- Services opens in a new window
- Resources opens in a new window
- Compliance Monitoring
- Jail Profile Survey opens in a new window
- Juvenile Detention Profile opens in a new window
- FSO Inspection Assignments opens in a new window
- Adult and Juvenile Facility Inspection Reports opens in a new window